Zyagen total RNA isolation Kit provides a rapid method for the isolation and purification of total RNA from a wide range of sources, including animal cells and tissues, plant tissues and bacteria. RNA extraction is based on disruption of cells in guanidinium thiocyanate detergent solutions, followed by organic extraction and alcohol precipitation of the RNA. All reagents needed for isolatation, analysis, and storage of RNA are included, making kit of an excellent value. The kit isolate all sizes of RNA, from large mRNA and ribosomal RNA, microRNA (miRNA) and small interfering RNA (siRNA). The purified RNA may be used for analysis by Northern blot, RNase protection, primer extension, RT-PCR/real-time PCR, in vitro translation, and for construction of cDNA libraries. The kit contains reagents sufficient for the isolation of RNA from 10 g tissue or approximately 109 cells in culture.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Isolated RNA is of the highest quality and integrity.
- All RNA species can be isolated, including large mRNA, ribosomal RNA, microRNA (miRNA), and small interfering RNA (siRNA).
- Total RNA is isolated from high RNA content tissues such as liver and spleen, fatty tissues such as brain, and fibrous tissues such as heart and muscle.
- Purified RNA can be used in a number of downstream applications including real-time PCR, reverse transcription PCR, Northern blotting, RNase protection and primer extension, and for construction of cDNA libraries.
- Includes all reagents for storage and analysis.
- Can be scale to isolate RNA from small to large amount of tissues/cells.
- High speed and RNA recovery.